For businesses, the start of a new year is always a great time to reassess your goals and the methods you’re using to achieve them. It’s particularly important to look at your marketing streams, consider if they’re working well and find innovative ways of improving them.
Digital marketing is clearly a huge part of attracting new customers to your car dealership, but it’s not the only marketing tactic you could be using. One tactic that’s often overlooked but is very powerful is promotional products.
From number plate surrounds to custom keyrings and mobile phone holders to umbrellas – what’s the point of promotional products? And why should you be using them in 2021?
Why promotional products matter for your Car Dealership in 2021
For car dealerships and other businesses in the automotive industry, you risk falling behind if you ignore the power of branded giveaways and promotional products. Although they might seem like an old strategy, physical gifts are still one of the most effective ways to spread brand awareness, foster loyalty and boost your reputation.
Here are some of the reasons why you should include promotional products in your marketing strategy for 2021:
- Create a positive brand experience for your customers. Make your customers feel great by giving them a free, value-adding gift. When they have a positive brand experience, customers are more likely to stay loyal to your brand and tell others about your dealership.
- Increase brand awareness and recognition. Want more people to know of your car dealership? Promotional products are a great way to spread awareness and help people to remember your logo. When they need a car dealership in the future, they are more likely to think of a brand name that they know!
- Get more exposure. Some promotional products – like number plate frames – are used in public spaces and have the potential to reach a huge number of new people. Promotional products help you get your brand name in front of more potential customers.
- Boost your reputation. Choose high quality, thoughtful and useful promotional products and it will reflect well on your brand. Building a strong reputation is a fantastic long term strategy for every business, including car dealerships.
- Get a good return on your investment. As far as marketing streams go, promotional products tend to be fairly inexpensive. However, they are a proven way to grow business, reach more customers and get better sales results.
How to use promotional products effectively
If you’ve never used promotional products before or haven’t seen a good return on your investment, you might be wondering if they’re worth the cost. The truth is, not all promotional products are.
Simply sticking your car dealership’s logo to any item won’t bring you more engagement or improve your brand’s reputation. To get the most out of promotional products, you need to take a thoughtful and strategic approach.
Follow the tips below to choose promotional products that will give you a great return on your investment:
- Choose value-adding products. Your promotional products have the power to send an impactful message to your customers and potential customers. Show them that you care about them and that they’re worth your time and effort by giving them something of value.
- Aim for repeat use. Avoid items that will go straight in the bin and instead choose products that will be used over and over again. The more use a product gets, the more the user is reminded of your brand.
- Target your audience. For any marketing tactic it’s crucial to know who your audience is. Choose products that will be useful to and valued by your specific audience.
- Align the product with your brand. Make sure the product reflects who you are as a car dealership. Whether you’re aiming for sophisticated, family-friendly or true-blue Aussie, choose products that reflect your brand’s values.
Promoting your brand with custom number plate surrounds
Is your car dealership using branded number plate surrounds?
If not, it’s time to start! Number plate surrounds are one of the most common and effective promotional products a car dealership can use. Wherever your customers drive, they spread your dealership’s name far and wide. Their car becomes like a promotion on wheels – and at very little cost to you.
When’s the last time you updated your number plate surrounds?
If it’s been a while, it might be time to design something new and fresh for 2021. Staying stylish, current and relevant is important for any brand, especially if you are selling new and modern cars. Think about using colour and a memorable catchphrase on your number plate frames to draw more eyes and get people engaging with your brand.
Although they might seem like a small promotional product, number plate surrounds can dramatically increase brand awareness and shape people’s opinion about your brand.
20 Amazing promotional products for car dealerships
Don’t stop at the number plate surrounds! There are many other powerful promotional products that car dealerships can use to their advantage.
Here are a few classic car-related gifts that your customers will appreciate:
- Service book wallets
- Air fresheners
- Spare wheel covers
- Car care kits
- Rear window stickers
Here are a few more modern car-related promotional products that will add a lot of value:
- Car chargers
- Mobile phone holders
- Car boot organisers
- Custom mud flaps
- Sun shades
You don’t just have to give car related products. Some other handy ideas include:
- Cooler bags
- Travel cups
- Water Bottles
- Picnic sets
- First aid kits
- Tote bags
- Hats & Tee Shirts
- Wine bottle bags
Get proactive about promotion in 2021!
Whether you’re new to promotional products or have been using them year after year, make sure you take the time to invest in high quality, value-adding promotional products in 2021.
In addition to other marketing streams, promotional products will help you stay ahead of your competitors, engage meaningfully with your customers and open the doors to more business in the year ahead.